1. Booking Contract
1. The terms set out below, together with the Summary and any information about the booking that is in the Renter's area on the Website, form the Booking Contract between Renter and Owner ref # 63585 of United Kingdom.
2. The Booking Contract is made when the Renter pays the Deposit.
3. Please read the documents that form the Booking Contract carefully as they set out your and our respective rights and obligations.
4. All bookings are made on and subject to these terms and no other terms shall apply to the booking, unless otherwise agreed between us and you or as required by law.
2. Defined terms
1. In these terms:
Accommodation Cost refers to the charges we make for your temporary occupation of the Property during your Stay.
Booking refers to a Booking Contract.
Booking Contract means the contract made between the Owner and the Renter when the Renter makes payment for a Stay in a Property on a temporary basis.
Check-in Date means the date specified in this Booking Contract when your Stay is scheduled to begin.
NAME refers to NAME ., a private company, limited by shares and incorporated in England and Wales under number 8674663, whose registered office is at Astral House, Granville Way, Bicester, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom OX26 4JY. Reference to NAME shall be deemed to include a reference to its successors and assigns.
Deposit means the sum payable to NAME, as agent for the Owner, when the Booking Contract is made, in the amount shown both in the Renter's account page of the Website and on the Owner's booking details page on the Website.
Extras means goods and services that we agree to provide to you or the Renter's Party that are identified in this Booking Contract as payable by you on or after arrival at the Property to us or to someone other than NAME.
Force Majeure means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and any other event outside our control.
Non-Refundable Breakage Waiver means the insurance policy arranged by NAME . as authorised representative, the terms of which can be found here.
Owner means any one of (i) the person who owns the Property or, if there is more than one owner, the owner who is authorised to rent the Property via the Website, (ii) an agent for the person(s) who own the Property. Before the booking is made, the Owner's contact details are not available to the Renter.
Property means the hotel, apartment block, apartment, house, villa, or other building or accommodation including any premises, any swimming pool, ancillary building and annex, made available for temporary occupation by the Owner to a Renter via the Website, that is identified by the reference number shown on the Summary and identified either on the Website or the website through which the Renter accessed the Website.
Refundable Breakage Deposit means the sum specified by you using our System that is to be paid to and held by us as security against damage or loss and any Service Charges caused or incurred by a Renter or member of the Renter's Party during the Stay.
means the person who makes the booking. If the name of the Renter is changed on the Website after the booking is made, the person who made the booking remains liable under the terms of the Booking Contract jointly and severally with the person whose name then appears in his place.
Renter's Party means the person(s) named in the Summary above who will occupy the Property during the Stay (including any additional person(s) or substitute person(s) agreed with the Owner).
Service Charges has the meaning in clause 8 below.
means the period of time described in the Summary during which the Renter and the Renter's Party agree to occupy the Property in accordance with the terms of the Booking Contract.
Summary refers to the summary of the booking, including all charges payable by you for it exclusive of any applicable value added or other sales taxes, shown (i) before the Booking Contract is made, in the case of a Renter, on the Renter's account page of the Website and, in the case of the Owner, on the bookings page on the Website and (ii) after the Booking Contract has been made, in the document called "Booking Contract - Summary" that is attached to the Booking Contract.
We, us, our refers to the Owner.
Website means NAME.com, rentalsystems.com or any other website operated by NAME through which the booking is made.
You, your refers to the Renter.
3. Making your booking
1. You may make a booking by completing the online booking form that is available on the Website and following the on-screen instructions given on the Website.
2. Once NAME, on our behalf, has received your booking form and you have paid the Deposit, NAME, on our behalf, will confirm your Stay by email. The email will contain a statement of the total sums payable by you in respect of the booking. A copy of the Booking Contract will be available to you on your page on the Website both before and after you make the booking.
3. Please check the statement carefully as soon as you receive it. You must contact us, using our own contact details, at once if any information which appears on the confirmation or any other document is incorrect or incomplete, as it may not be possible for us to make changes later.
4. We do not accept responsibility for any errors unless you notify us of them within one week of the date of the email you receive from NAME that confirms your booking on our behalf.
4. Who may stay at the Property?
1. Only the Renter and members of the Renter's Party may occupy the Property during your Stay.
2. It is a condition of your booking that the number of persons (adults and children) must not exceed the number of sleeping places indicated on the Website.
3. You may not substitute any persons during your Stay unless we, acting in our sole discretion agree that you may do so.
5. Checking in
1. When you arrive at the Property on your Check-in Date, you must present to us a copy of the Summary that NAME sent to you to confirm your booking as well as the passport or identity card of all members of the Renter's Party both for security purposes and so that we can verify that the booking is yours.
1. At the time when you make your booking, you must pay to NAME, on our behalf, via the Website, a Deposit of 25% of the sub-total payable to us via the Website that is shown on the Summary as payable to NAME, unless you make your booking within 56 days of the date on which you are scheduled to arrive at the Property, in which case you must pay when you make your booking the total cost of the booking that is payable to NAME as shown on the Summary.
2. When you book, you agree to pay to us all other sums shown on the Summary.
3. The balance of the cost of your Stay shown as payable to NAME on the Summary, must be paid to NAME, on our behalf, not less than 56 days prior to arrival.
4. If you do not pay the sums that appear on the Summary in full and on time we may treat your booking as cancelled by you. If we do so, you agree to pay the cancellation charges set out in clause 11 below.
5. We have appointed NAME as our agent to process and deal with payments that you are liable to pay to us, other than those shown on the Summary as being payable locally.
6. You agree to pay all Extras that are shown as payable to us on the Summary. Where those sums are expressed to be "payable locally" we may require you to pay them on your Check-in Date or at any time during your Stay.
7. You agree to pay to us, in addition, any Service Charges incurred during your Stay.
8. If any charges we make are liable to subject to VAT or other applicable sales tax, you agree to pay these taxes in addition, subject to compliance by us with any pre-conditions to making such charges according to all applicable laws.
7. Breakages and damage
1. You are responsible for all loss and damage caused during your Stay. If we require you to do so (by indicating on the Website), you must pay to NAME either a Refundable Breakage Deposit or premium to NAME for its Non-Refundable Breakage Waiver.
2. Unless we agree otherwise, you may not begin your Stay at the Property unless you have either paid to NAME a Refundable Breakage Deposit or, if the option is available, a premium for the Non-Refundable Breakage Waiver.
The following terms of clause 7 apply if you agree to pay a Refundable Breakage Deposit
3. Unless you have agreed to pay a fee to NAME for its Non-Refundable Breakage Waiver (if this option is available), or we have agreed that you will take out insurance or pay to us a security deposit on your Check-in Date, or we have agreed that we do not require any form of security against breakages and loss caused during your Stay, you must pay to NAME, the sum of £ (GBP) 0.00 not later than 56 days before the start of your Stay (or at the time of your booking if this date has passed).
4. You agree that NAME is authorised to deduct and pay to us from the Refundable Breakage Deposit at any time during the period of days after the end of your Stay:
1. the cost of any damage or loss to the Property and/or to any fixtures, fittings, furniture, furnishings, appliances and other contents of the Owner and the like at or in the Property during your Stay; and
2. the cost of any Service Charges incurred by you or any member of the Renter's Party.
5. You agree to notify us promptly if any such damage or loss occurs or any Service Charges are incurred during the Stay.
6. If we do not require any deduction to be made and paid to us from your Refundable Breakage Deposit, we shall authorise NAME to process the refund of your Refundable Breakage Deposit to you in full within days after your departure from the Property. The refund will be made by crediting the debit or credit card or other payment system used by you to pay for your booking in the currency in which the booking was made. If the card you used has expired, NAME will contact you by email to ask you to add your bank details to your account area on the Website so that NAME can credit your bank account instead. Any such credit will be made in the currency in which the booking was made.
7. If we are entitled to make a deduction, we shall notify you what it is for and the costs and authorise NAME to pay to you any balance of the Refundable Breakage Deposit.
The following terms of clause 7 apply if you agree to purchase the Non-Refundable Breakage Waiver from NAME
8. If you agree to pay to NAME the premium for the Non-Refundable Breakage Waiver, you must pay it when it is due for payment, as shown on your account page of the Website. If you cancel the Non-Refundable Breakage Waiver, if we so require you agree to pay a Refundable Breakage Deposit to NAME instead, or pay on your Check-in Date a security deposit or other insurance premium: If you do not do so, we may then treat the Booking Contract as cancelled by you and the terms of clause 11 (Cancellation by you) below will apply.
9. The Non-Refundable Breakage Waiver covers loss and damage caused during your Stay up to a specified amount. The terms of the Non-Refundable Breakage Waiver can be found here.
10. You agree to notify us promptly if any damage or loss occurs to the Property or to any fixtures, fittings, furniture, furnishings, appliances and other contents and the like at or in the Property during your Stay or if any Service Charges are incurred.
11. You agree that we may make a claim for payment of any damage or loss covered by the Non-Refundable Breakage Waiver directly to NAME, who is authorised to process claims on behalf of the insurer as if the claim were made by you.
12. If you paid a fee for the Non-Refundable Breakage Waiver the fee will not be refunded after your Stay in any event.
The following terms of clause 7 apply in every case
13. If you or a member of the Renter's Party causes any damage or loss to the Property, or to any fixtures, fittings, furniture, furnishings, appliances and other contents and the like at or in the Property, during your Stay, which are not covered by the Refundable Breakage Deposit, or, as applicable, the Non-Refundable Breakage Waiver, or any other insurance taken out or security deposit provided by you, you agree to pay to us on demand the amount of any loss or damage that is not so covered, together with all costs and expenses (including all legal costs and expenses) that we may incur as a result of your failure to do so.
8. Services not included in the cost of your Stay
1. We want you and members of the Renter's Party to enjoy your time at the Property. If, however, you or a member of the Renter's Party use services at the Property for which we have to pay third parties (such as, without limitation, the cost of telephone calls, pay per view television and the like (which we describe as "Service Charges" in these Booking Conditions), you agree to reimburse to us the cost of those services in full and upon demand.
9. Changes made by us and our right to cancel
1. Whilst we always endeavour to avoid changes, we reserve the right to make changes to the description of the Property or any services or Extras we agreed to provide both before and after your booking has been made. We may make these changes to correct errors in descriptions that appear on the Website or because the cost or availability of services and Extras have changed, or because an event of Force Majeure has occurred.
2. We reserve the right to cancel your booking. This may be because an event of force majeure has arisen or for some other reason.
3. If we make a significant change to or cancel your booking, we will notify you as soon as possible by email. You agree that if we own and have available suitable alternative accommodation near the Property, you will not unreasonably refuse to accept the offer of such alternative accommodation if it is available for the duration of your Stay on the same terms as we made the Property available, if we make a significant change or cancel your holiday. If we make a significant change to your booking which results in cancellation by you or we cancel your booking, we agree to refund you all monies that you have paid to NAME and us for the booking.
4. We do not accept any liability to pay to you any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change by us to your booking or cancellation by us.
5. Very rarely, we may be forced by Force Majeure (see clause 13) to change or terminate your stay after departure but before the scheduled end of your Stay. This is extremely unlikely but if this situation does occur, we regret we will be unable to make any refunds, pay you any compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result.
10. Changes by you
1. We are not obliged to make any changes to the booking that you may request. If, however, you wish to make any changes to your confirmed booking, you must notify us by email as soon as possible. Whilst we will endeavour to assist, we cannot guarantee we will be able to meet any such requests.
11. Cancellation by you
1. You have the right to cancel your booking at any time.
2. To cancel, you must notify us as soon as possible by using the relevant page of your Renter's account.
3. Your notice of cancellation will only be effective when we receive it.
4. You acknowledge that we may incur costs from the time we confirm your booking and may be unable to book the Property to someone-else during your period of Stay.
5. You agree to pay to us the following cancellation charges. Where the cancellation charge refers to a percentage "of balance", this expression refers to the "sub-total payable to us via the Website" shown on the Summary, less the amount of the Deposit and Refundable Breakage Deposit you paid and any premium you are liable to pay for the Non-Refundable Breakage Waiver, or the Cancellation Fee, if you validly exercise the right to cancel the Non-Refundable Breakage Waiver.
Period before start of stay within which written/email notification of cancellation is received by us Cancellation charge
more than 70 days deposit only
less than 70 days deposit + 20% of balance
less than 55 days deposit + 50% of balance
less than 27 days deposit + 75% of balance
less than 13 days deposit + 100% of balance
1. You may be able to reclaim these cancellation charges (less any applicable excess) under the terms of any insurance policy you may have. You should address any claim to reimburse your cost of cancellation to the insurance company concerned.
13. Travel Insurance
1. Travel insurance is NOT included in the cost of your Stay.
2. The Non-Refundable Breakage Waiver (if available) or the Refundable Breakage Deposit you pay does NOT cover any injury to you or any member of the Renter's Party or anyone else or to your belongings or those of any member of the Renter's Party.
3. We recommended that you take out adequate travel insurance to cover you and your belongings. Please read your travel insurance policy details carefully. It is your responsibility to ensure that your travel insurance cover you purchase is adequate for your particular needs.
14. Force Majeure
1. We do not accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented, delayed or affected by, or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of, an event of Force Majeure.
15. Our liability to you
1. We promise that the Property shall be in a condition reasonably suitable for occupation by able bodied individuals on a temporary basis during the Stay and that any services that we agree to provide or arrange will be provided with reasonable skill and care.
2. You acknowledge that the Property is not an official tourist structure, such as a room in a hotel or specifically designed tourist accommodation, but is a private dwelling that is made available as temporary accommodation during your Stay. You agree that there is no internationally recognised standard for such accommodation and that, as such, the Property may reflect local styles of architecture, furnishings and building standards, and its decoration and features may reflect local traditions and the personal taste of the Owner. You agree that the suitability of the Property as temporary accommodation will be determined according to the law, regulations and standards of the country in which the Property is located. If the Property which gave rise to the claim or complaint complies with local laws and regulations applicable to accommodation of that type at the time of the Stay, you agree that the Property will then be treated as having been properly provided.
3. We do not accept responsibility liability for any loss or damage that you or any member of the Renter's Party may suffer (including, without limitation, for death or personal injury) as a result of any failure or deficiency of the Property that is not caused by any fault of ours.
4. We are not responsible and do not accept liability for any injury, illness, death, loss, damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever suffered or made by you or any member of the Renter's Party which results from any of the following:
(a) the fault of you, or the person(s) affected, or any member(s) of the Renter's Party; or
(b) the fault of a third party not connected with the provision of the Property or any services which we could not have predicted or avoided; or
(c) an event or circumstance which could not have predicted or avoided even after taking all reasonable care.
5. We are no
Shipping And Handling